Sunday, June 7, 2009

Flour or powder?

So I am a baker, and everyone who knows me knows it. Which has its advantages, like getting folks mad at you glad by giving them a warm cookie. All wrongs are righted. Noone wants to tick off the cake lady. So mistakes are often over looked with visions of sugar plums dancing in there head. Being a baker has its disadvantages, of course. It's hot ....its an oven kid! I am on the verge of hot flashes ( I will not tell my age don't ask). I swear I have them all ready. Cause all the sudden I am real hot, and I gotta get cool fast, no not cold. On warm days with the oven going and stickin' your head in to check stuff.....well I could pass out. Anyway, the way I keep it cool is to take a cool shower and get in front of a fan. Chilly, baby! For extra comfort in those crevices I keep discovering, baby powder. MMM HMM! I said it I have some hills and valleys. God didn't put me hear to be a super model. Thank you God! Sometimes I am so hot I get a little crazy with the powder cause it feels real good. I squirted a whole bunch on my bed after I got out of the shower. I was naked, you see ( Thanks be to everything holy you werent there) and I layed down in the cloud turned the fan on me. Hallelujah! This is a must try. I looked like a jelly doughnut but I dusted myself off got in my sweats it was all good. Since most of the powder had adhered to my moist body, I assumed clean-up was covered. ( covered, get it! ha ha ha) Next day I am going about my usuals and getting ready for work . I sit on my bed to lotion my calloused heels before I put my socks on you know the usuals. Race out the door cause I gotta be 3 minutes late or it aint me. Get to work and everyone tells me I got flour all over my rump. It was quickly dismissed with no awkwardness, just brush it off. The bigger question was where was the goodies? I had obviously baked that morning, right? You didn't bring anything in? What did we do wrong? Here let me get that flour off for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment